Listen, Speak & Learn
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PART 2 - Standard Membership Terms
PART 3 - Cancellation Terms
PART 4 - Membership Benefits
PART 5 - Participation Guidelines
PART 6 - Delivery, Returns and Cancellations
- Membership Terms, which sets out the terms that will apply to your membership with us;
- Cancellation Terms, which sets out how to cancel your membership; and
- Participation Guidelines, which sets out our approach to community interaction and how we moderate your content, such as comments made in relation to our articles.
Accessing and using our services
Parts of our services are only accessible to our members and not to visitors. In addition, we may not offer or make available all of our services or content to residents of certain countries.
We may, at our discretion change, remove, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our services at any time including the availability of any content (e.g. a community forum may be withdrawn) where we have a valid reason to do so.
Our content, trademarks, copyright, patents, logos, domain names and other related intellectual property rights or other features of our brand belong to us or to our licensors. Your use of our services does not grant you any rights in and/or our licensor's intellectual property whether for commercial or non-commercial use.
We grant our users a licence to access and use our services and intellectual property rights (subject to your ability to access our services as set out above) and to the following usage restrictions:
- you may use our services for personal, private and non-commercial purposes; and
- you must not commercially exploit, or sell any content appearing on our services (this does not apply to any user content posted by you and in which you retain ownership rights, see paragraph on user generated content below).
Third Party Content
User Generated Content
Users of our services may be given an opportunity to interact with us and submit, post and/or upload content (including comments and pictures). In posting your content, you confirm to us that you are the owner or have consent from the owner to post the content and that the content complies with our Participation Guidelines and does not defame any person, company or business or violate the privacy rights, copyright and other intellectual property rights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
By submitting content, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, royalty free worldwide licence to use any of the content that you post on or in connection with our services and you also irrevocably waive the benefit of any moral rights you may have in any such material. We do not claim any ownership rights in your content and you continue to retain all ownership rights in your content. If you believe that your rights have been infringed in relation to your content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not endorse any user generated content nor do we guarantee the accuracy or authority of any user generated content. We reserve the right to remove your content and to remove, suspend or discontinue your opportunity to submit, post and/or upload content, at any time and for any reason at our sole discretion and without further recourse to you.
Costs of using our services
We provide our users (whether as a member or visitor) with a variety of services. To benefit fully from our services you will need to become a member as not all aspects of our services are made available to visitors. We may also occasionally require you to download our content. If there are charges associated to any of these services, we will make it clear before you incur any such charges and you will be responsible for any charges incurred from that point on.
We will always aim to provide you with the best service we can, but our service is provided "as is" and we do not and cannot promise that all of the information provided in our services will always be 100% accurate. The information provided by our services is for information purposes only and does not constitute advice. All our services are provided without any warranties or guarantees.
Some of the information provided by our services is supplied to us by our third party partners. We have no control over third party content and we are unable to guarantee the accuracy of such third party content. You agree that you access any content at your own risk. Before relying on any information, whether it is from us or from our third party partners, we advise you to verify the accuracy of such information.
Whilst we will do our best to ensure that our service is fully operational at all times, we are not responsible for and shall not be liable to you for any problems or temporary interruptions in using our services arising from factors outside of our control (e.g. technical problems from traffic congestion on the internet) or for any problems arising from participating in or from downloading third party content.
To the extent permissible by law, we are not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from use of our services or from any content posted on or through our services.
Limitation of our liability to you
You agree, that to the extent permissible by law, your sole and only remedy for any problems, issues or concerns with our service is to stop using our services, whether as a member of one of our packs or as a visitor using one of our services.
Changes to our terms
The law that governs our services
Our content means any text, files, images, photos, graphics, video, sounds, musical works, or any other materials that we publish or post on or through our services.
Third party content any text, files, images, photos, graphics, video, sounds, musical works, or any other materials published or posted on or through our services by our third party partners.
Us, our, we means Listen, Speak & Learn which is part of the Cultural Group CIC or its holding company.
Your content means any text, files, images, graphics, photos, video, sounds, musical works, or any other materials that a user posts on or through our services.
PART 2 - MEMBERSHIP TERMS
Welcome to our membership terms. Please read these terms carefully as they will set out the terms for your membership with us. Where there are differences between our memberships for Listen, Speak & Learn (for example, the price of your membership or what it includes), we have set out these details below. Unless otherwise stated, any reference to a member or a membership shall include reference to all our members.
In addition to these terms, you will also be subject to the individual offer terms which govern the specific offer which you choose. Such offer terms will be made available to you when choosing your pack/offer.
If you access one of our packs under a premium subscription, these standard membership terms will apply to your membership as far as they are relevant. The duration of your membership is determined by the premium subscription holder.
This is an instant access service. By purchasing this membership you agree your access will start immediately. Please see Part 3 - Cancellation Terms for your cancellation rights.
- Brief description
Membership in the UK and Worldwide
Listen, Speak & Learn Free Access - includes online preview/restricted access to all major resource categories with the idea of sampling/trailing content. This membership is and will always be free.
Listen, Speak & Learn Full Access (Akan) Twi - includes online access to all services resources on the website for that language specified and newly resources and resource categories as and when they are added.
- How do I become a member?
To become a member, please visit www.listenspeaklearn.com/purchase and select the Membership subscription offering best suits your needs.
(We reserve the right to exclude certain territories from time to time and limit the entitlements on offer in any country).
You must be 18 or older and have the power to enter into a contract with us and are not prevented from doing so under any local laws.
By registering to become a member, you agree that you have given us accurate registration details, including payment information and will ensure that we always have up to date contact information.
- How long is my membership?
Your membership will start immediately upon payment (for paid subscriptions). The terms that govern your minimum and continuing membership with us will vary depending on which membership subscription you chose and whether you have taken out membership on a trial offering.
Your minimum membership term will be 30 days and will be made known to you before you agree to purchase your membership and will be confirmed to you in your welcome email.
- What does my membership cost?
The cost of your membership will be made clear to you on our sign-up pages and in your welcome email and may vary from time to time or by country. You agree to pay the fees at the rates notified to you at the time you purchase one of our membership subscription.
If you choose to be a member through a trial offer, your trial offer will cost you the trial price offered. At the end of your stated trial period, your membership will automatically continue on a rolling monthly or quarterly basis (this will be made known to you before you complete registration to the trial offer) at the rate notified to you at the time of purchase.
Payment can be made using all major credit or debit cards via PayPal. Where relevant, currency conversion values may fluctuate and conversion fees may be charged by your bank. Unless otherwise stated, the savings calculation stated is relevant to the specified membership subscription and is either based upon saving made per week against cover price or against the standard rate (as may be applicable). By submitting payment details to us, you promise that you are entitled to purchase a membership subscription or product using those payment details.
We reserve the right to change your membership price and/or benefits with 30 days' notice and affected members may terminate their membership within this notice period.
- How can I cancel?
Please see Part 3 - Cancellation Terms.
- How can we change these terms?
We may amend these terms at any time to ensure that we remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations and to ensure that we are constantly improving your membership experience. If we make any important changes to the membership terms we will notify you.
- What do I need (devices and hardware)?
To benefit fully from our membership subscriptions, you will need one or more of the following:
- Android supported smartphones and/or tablet devices (e.g. Nexus, HTC and Galaxy devices);
- Apple iOS6 (or above) supported smartphones and/or tablet devices (e.g. iPhone and iPad);
- Blackberry devices OS 7.1 and later
- Personal Computer/Laptop Windows, Apple, Linux, Google Chromebook and/or
- Kindle (although not all digital content will be supported) and second generation or above Kindle Fire devices.
Other devices may possible work, but we can only support the devices mentioned above.
- What happens if I default on a payment?
If you default on any payment, we will:
- terminate your membership;
If your membership has been terminated and you would like to re-subscribe to a paid membership subscriptions. To may do so any anytime.
- How do I make a complaint?
If you would like to get in touch with us to make a complaint, please use one of the following options:
- by email, please email us on email@example.com ;
- by telephone on +44 7974 82 93 42;
- by post to Member Services 20 Catford Broadway, Catford, LONDON, SE6 4SN, United Kingdom.
Anything else I should know?
We may change our membership subscriptions entitlements at any time with 30 days' notice and you may cancel your membership within this notice period. We may also at any time and at our sole discretion, terminate your membership with us upon reasonable notice, and upon no notice where we believe that we have serious grounds to terminate (for example, for non-payment or breach of these terms).
We may screen your name and address against credit reference and fraud prevention databases when we decide whether or not to accept your application for membership. By providing us with your details, you confirm that we may carry out these checks. If we do not accept your application for membership, we will terminate your membership and reimburse any payment that you have made.
PART 3 - CANCELLATION TERMS
- How can I cancel my membership?
You cancel your membership subscription simply performing one of the following steps;
- Complete the “Downgrade My Account” section under your Account profile.
- Stop rolling payment schedule via your personal PayPal account. (This would stop the automatic payment, thus automatically stopping your subscription at the end of the specified monthly cycle.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request service cancellation (please read below for information required).
What information do I need to cancel?
When cancelling your membership with us, please have the following information ready:
- That you would like to cancel your membership with us and stating that this is a notice of cancellation;
- Which membership subscription you would like to cancel;
- When you subscribed to our membership subscription; and
- Your name email address (registered to the account).
- Can I get a refund if I cancel?
Once your account request has been actioned, you will retain access until the end of the billing cycle, refunds will not be made.
Members of our rolling monthly Full Access subscription only
To become a member of one of our rolling monthly subscriptions, you acknowledge and agree that your initial payment is for the supply of digital content for the entirety of any applicable trial period and that you will not be entitled to receive a refund of your initial payment once you have logged in to your account.
- How can we change these terms?
We may amend these cancellation terms at any time to ensure that we remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations and to ensure that we are constantly improving your membership experience.
PART 4 - MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
PART 5 - Participation Guidelines
Our guidelines are designed to make clear our approach to community interaction at Listen, Speak & Learn, including moderation of comments and other content submitted by members.
There are six simple community standards that we expect members to follow when interacting with us.
- We respect all our users and expect you to respect each other. Please ensure comments are legal, tasteful and civil. Personal attacks, harassment and inappropriate behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Choose your words carefully and do not use language that is threatening, defamatory or offensive to any individual or groups. Understand that words which you deem acceptable may be offensive to others.
- We acknowledge that there may be criticism of our journalism but personal insults or repeated attacks directed towards our researchers, teachers, and writers will not be tolerated. If you would like to comment on the impartiality of an article, please email email@example.com .
- Maintain a respectful tone, especially when discussing heated or controversial issues. We realise this can be hard and we recommend that users re-read comments before posting.
- Help us take responsibility for the level of conversation on the website by ensuring comments are relevant and on topic. All comments will be moderated by administrators. If you think discussion on an article is moving away from the intended topic, click 'Flag comment' on the comment box and we will investigate or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where you refer to reports, studies, other articles and additional information, do your best to link to the original source. This extra context is conducive for having interesting and useful discussions and will result in better feedback from our other readers.
Our approach to user generated content
We pre-moderate all comments made by our members in accordance with these Participation Guidelines and content that does not breach these guidelines may be published. Our aim is to ensure that all members enjoy our services.
In order to ensure our members remain compliant with our Participation Guidelines, we have created a non-exhaustive list of prohibited interactions, which we hope you will find useful. Interactions must not:
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability or age or links to articles or websites that do the same;
- harass, threaten or attack anyone or otherwise behave in a way that could cause annoyance or distress to our members;
- be obscene, vulgar, offensive, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent;
- use swear words, act in a threatening or abusive manner or promote violence;
- make libellous or defamatory comments about others;
- contain any information which personally identifies another individual (such as name, phone number and address) or breaches data protection law, unless it is editorially justified, in the public domain or express consent has been obtained;
- constitute or encourage conduct that would be a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law;
- prejudice pending or on-going criminal or civil court proceedings;
- violate, plagiarise or infringe the rights of third parties including any copyright, trademark, patent, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- contain any information, software or other material of a commercial nature;
- contain advertising, promotions or commercial solicitations of any kind, unless editorially justified;
- be likely to upset, embarrass and alarm any other person;
- constitute or contain false or misleading indications of origin or statements of fact;
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- contain any virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cancelbot or other similar harmful programming routine.
We will refrain from publishing content that breaches these guidelines and may edit or remove a comment we feel has caused offence to our members. This is in the interest of keeping our community areas appropriate for the vast majority of the people who visit.
If a member seriously or repeatedly violates these guidelines, we will take whatever action necessary to ensure these violations are prevented from continuing and we reserve the right to remove, suspend or discontinue your opportunity to submit, post and/or upload content at our sole discretion and without further recourse to you.
At all times, we reserve the right to take actions that we think will benefit our members. We will always try to communicate any changes that affect our members, although this is not always possible. All actions taken by The Listen, Speak & Learn moderator team are final. If you have any queries or suggestions about how to improve participation with us or about any aspect of our Participation Guidelines, please email us at email@example.com .
We may amend these Participation Guidelines or any of our terms to ensure that we remain compliant with relevant laws and regulations and to ensure that we are constantly improving your membership experience.
PART 6 - Delivery, Returns and Cancellations
Delivery, Returns and Cancellations
All physical orders (including but not limited to DVDs), will be dispatched in accordance to the terms outlined below;
All orders will be dispatched within 48 working hours of completed payment.
Deliveries within the United Kingdom and Worldwide
All deliveries in the United Kingdom will be sent via Royal Mail First Class service.
1st Class – Royal Mail
Orders received before 3pm will usually be sent out the same day, but we do NOT guarantee next working day delivery.
Royal Mail quotes that 93% of 1st Class packages arrive the next working day.
You will receive three separate emails from us:
- When your order has been received
- When your order has been dispatched
- Your review on your order (usually 3-4 weeks after placing your order)
Delivery Information – IMPORTANT
The majority of deliveries will be delivered via the normal mail service. If you have difficulty with mail we would strongly recommend a delivery address where someone is available to take the parcel during working hours.
If you are unable to take delivery of your parcel and the courier/postman cannot post, the postman will leave a calling card with details of how to claim your parcel.
Please Note: Orders will be dispatched to the address entered in at the ‘Shipping Information’ stage of the Checkout process. We cannot take responsibility for orders not being received due to an incorrect address being entered. Please check that the shipping address on your confirmation email is correct and contact us immediately if this is not the case. Failure to do so will result in the customer being charged the full delivery cost.
All deliveries outside of the United Kingdom will be sent via Royal Mail International Air Mail service.
Europe = 3 to 5 days delivery
Rest of world = 5 to 7 days delivery
The delivery costs will be automatically calculated (based on quantity and weight) and clearly displayed before proceeding to final payment, Pricing will be based on the country of shipping.
Returns and Order Cancellation
You have the right to cancel your order from the moment you place your order up to 7 working days from the day after you receive your goods. This is on the basis that we will be able to re-sell the goods to another customer as new as when you received them. You must return the goods unopened and unused. If the item(s) are in top condition where they can be resold to another customer, the cost of sending back the goods to us will be at your own expense*. You must also ensure goods are packed to protect them against damage during shipping.
Please accept our apologies if you have received an item that is damaged or faulty. We take great pride in the products that we ship out, so we will seek to resolve this matter quickly. If you believe that the item is faulty, please contact us within 7 days of receiving your goods. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details:
- Your name
- Contact Telephone Number
- Order Number
- Date Of Order
- Items to be Returned
- Reasons for Returning
Upon emailing us, we will advise you what to do next. When returning any goods to us, please enclose a copy of your invoice. We will then arrange for a refund or replacements to be sent out as required.
If the products have already been posted to you (or on your behalf to any other person), you (or the other person) must return the products to us at the time of cancellation and we will then credit your credit/debit card or PayPal account with the price of the products within 30 days beginning from the day on which notice of cancellation was given. In case of any refund, the amount can only be refunded back to the same credit/debit card or PayPal Account that was used to make the purchase.
When returning goods, we recommend that you use traceable delivery, or obtain a proof of posting (this can be obtained free of charge at the Post Office) as we cannot be held responsible for any items lost or damaged in transit.
If you do not return your goods within 30 days of your notice of cancellation, you will be deemed to have accepted the goods, at which point a new purchase contract will be made and you will be charged for your order at the price set out on the website.
Items returned to us due to incorrect delivery address supplied by the customer or the failure by the customer to collect the parcel will be issued a refund for the cost of products only.
*Please note, we can only refund the postage costs for returning an item where:
- We have sent you the wrong item
- The item is damaged or faulty
- You are returning a substitute or replacement item that you do not want to keep
*There is no refund for sale or clearance items.
For further assistance, please contact us at email@example.com
By accessing or using the website, you are acknowledging that you have read, understood, and agree, without limitation or qualification.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website for your orders
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may periodically send out promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We will send you a quarterly newsletter featuring all the latest news and developments at Listen, Speak & Learn and The Cultural CIC.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Listen, Speak & Learn use PayPal to collect and process all transaction information. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of card details and other personal data, PayPal use the highest industry standards using 128-bit SSL certificates. The padlock visible in the browser ensures that your payment details are 100% secure and confidential. To find out more about the security policy at Sage Pay, please visit: https://cms.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/buyer_protection
We do not store any credit card numbers and we do not store any of your financial information.
A cookie is a small file which asks for permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
In no way, does a cookie give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but if you prefer not to, you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. It is advisable that you look at the website’s own privacy statement.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, lease or share your personal information to third parties unless permitted by you or we are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think may be of interest to you, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us at: email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the email address above. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.